The Club and Community at Admirals Cove evolved from a vision by developer Ben Frankel (Frankel Enterprises). The community was built around a unique canal system created in the 1960s by John D. McArthur.
In 1986, Frankel Enterprises purchased the Admirals Cove property from The John D. and Catherine T. McArthur Foundation. The property at the time of purchase was vacant and undeveloped. The majority of the canals that exist today were already dug, but extensive maintenance dredging and bulkheading was required.
Development of the property began in the spring of 1986, and the first model homes were completed by the end of that year. The marina, clubhouse, and 18-hole championship East golf course designed by Robert von Hagge opened for play in 1987, and the first residents moved in during that winter season.
The Harbor Master building served as a temporary clubhouse until the Main Clubhouse was completed in 1989. The Golf Village course was built in 1991, and the Golf Village Clubhouse opened in 1993.
In 1999, the management and control of The Club was turned over from the developer to the members in one of the smoothest club transitions in the history of country club communities.
Today there are approximately 900 residents who are proud to call Admirals Cove their home.
Admirals Cove Today
Since its inception, the Club has continually enhanced its amenities, services, and facilities, including:
- 900 Residences ranging from Club Cottages to Custom Estate Homes
- 24-hour gated security
- 63 deep-water ocean access slips at a state-of-the-art Marina and Yacht Club
- 32 Inn Rooms for Members and their Guests
- 45 championship golf holes
- 12 Har-Tru tennis courts, with the latest "hydro-court" technology for remarkable playability, with lighting for night play
- 7 onsite dining venues offering gourmet selections, including 5-star cuisine and catering services
- Wellness programs at the signature Blue Water Spa, Salon and Fitness Center with certified personal training team
- The East Clubhouse offers spectacular views, resort pool, golf shop, large men’s and women’s locker rooms, men’s and women’s staffed card rooms, children’s play area, fully appointed fitness center, spa and salon, full service bank, and expansive dining areas
- The Golf Village Clubhouse imparts an intimate atmosphere with dining, a golf shop, men’s and women’s locker rooms, staffed men’s and women’s card rooms, and inviting porch and cozy lounge overlooking a stunning backdrop for reminiscing about a great round of golf
Admirals Cove has repeatedly achieved recognition as a “Platinum Club” – one of the Top 10 private club communities in the United States.